HomeMediaAfter repeatedly claiming India's air strikes damaged nothing, Pakistan denies international media access to...

After repeatedly claiming India’s air strikes damaged nothing, Pakistan denies international media access to Balakot site, again

Pakistan has been claiming that the Indian air strike had damaged only a few trees in Balakot. But no media persons have been allowed near the location that has been cordoned off by the Pakistani army.

The International Media group Reuters’ team has been denied access to the location of Balakot air strikes by the Pakistani government. Pakistani security officials prevented a Reuters team from climbing the hill to a site of a madarsa and adjoining 4-5 buildings in Balakot which were bombed by the Indian Air Force on February 26, 2019, in the retaliatory attacks in the aftermath of Pulwama attack.


This is not the first time that Pakistan has blocked media access to the IAF’s air strike site. The journalists from Reuters have trekked up to the hill thrice in last 9 days and their request to access to the buildings including the Jaish-e-Muhammad’s purported religious school has been denied all 3 times.

The Indian foreign secretary, Vijay Gokhale, in his press conference, a few days ago had claimed that a very large number of JeM terrorists, commanders, senior leaders have perished in the air strikes carried out by the Indian Air Force. Even the Air Chief Marshal BS Dhanoa confirmed it in his press conference that his team had indeed hit the terror camps that were intended to be targeted.

Pakistan had earlier claimed that Indian bombs had destroyed nothing but a few trees in the region. However, Pakistan’s repeated denial to access the location where JeM madarsa was operational suggests that there’s more to this than meets the eye.

While Pakistan has been insistent on its claim that the Indian air strikes achieved nothing, its denial of access to international media groups to the site raises further doubts on its claims. The sentries guarding the madrasa, who have refuted the claims of Indian attack, have asserted that ‘security concern’ is the reason for denying access to media representatives.

Join OpIndia's official WhatsApp channel

  Support Us  

For likes of 'The Wire' who consider 'nationalism' a bad word, there is never paucity of funds. They have a well-oiled international ecosystem that keeps their business running. We need your support to fight them. Please contribute whatever you can afford

OpIndia Staff
OpIndia Staffhttps://www.opindia.com
Staff reporter at OpIndia

Related Articles

Trending now

‘Desecrating Ganga could hurt religious sentiments of Hindus’: What Allahabad HC said while granting bail to Muslim youths in Varanasi iftar case. Details inside

Now, when the Allahabad High Court has said that throwing bones and other non-veg food leftovers in the sacred Ganga River can hurt Hindu religious sentiments, the same Islamo-leftist cabal is selectively highlighting only the Muslim accused getting bail part.

How did Imran Khan go from the chosen leader to the fallen prisoner? The cypher, regime change, and establishment that is controlled by the...

In keeping with his long-standing 'absolutely not' attitude against allowing US military activities on Pakistani territory, Khan presented Pakistan's stance as principled neutrality, a reluctance to take sides in a conflict between world powers. Donald Lu met with Pakistan's ambassador in Washington two weeks later, on March 7, 2022, and expressed his thoughts in unusually forthright words for diplomatic standards.
- Advertisement -