In the wee hours of the morning today, India avenged the Pulwama terror attack which was sponsored by Pakistan and carried out by the terrorist outfit Jaish-e-Mohammad. As India woke up, news trickled in that the Indian Air Force had conducted air strikes deep inside Pakistan territory, going right up to Balakol, Pakistan, to level Jaish-e-Mohammad terror camps with bombs weighing 1000 kgs each.
As the details of this massive retaliation became apparent, it was evident that while India bombed Pakistan, some “liberal” cinders had started burning here too.
While some abused Prime Minister Modi, others, like the now-a-lie-now-a-rally Rahul Gandhi, tweeted 7 paltry words snuggled between two emojis.
Rajdeep Sardesai, the quintessential Lutyens journalist who has made a career out of bad journalism, however, discovered a brand new low.
Hours after the attack and while the nation celebrated our braves being avenged, Rajdeep took to Twitter to lament the lack of ‘evidence’ of the strike that had been carried out by the Indian Air Force.
A death toll of 300 killed doing the rounds on our news channels with no attribution/evidence; Pakistani channels claim zero casualties again with no independent confirmation/evidence . War games being played on news channels, too serious a matter to be driven by TRPs.. crazy..
— Rajdeep Sardesai (@sardesairajdeep) February 26, 2019
Rajdeep Sardesai, who had just a few weeks ago admitted to “feeling excited” during the dastardly Parliament terrorist attack of 2001, did what he does best. He cast aspersions while the nation celebrated India avenging the Pulwama martyrs.
Rajdeep Sardesai asserted that channels were saying that per sources, 300 terrorists have been killed in the air strikes. He then said that Pakistani channels were claiming that there were no casualties in Pakistan. He said both these claims were not backed by ‘evidence’.
While the official number of casualties has not been released, lots of information based on credible sources have been released in the public forum. Also, when Rajdeep says that neither claims have been substantiated or have been backed by evidence, he makes way for the possibility that even the Pakistani claim could be true.
Rajdeep took to Twitter to cast aspersions even while his own channel, India Today, reported that 200-300 terrorists had been neutralised in this airstrike by India.
This is exactly what had happened after the Surgical strikes of 2016. Several Congress politicians and their pet reporters had cast aspersions on the strikes. Pakistan had escorted international media to an unrelated site in Pakistan Occupied Kashmir to supposedly “prove” that no strike had taken place. The media luminaries and Congress politicians had toed the exact same line to undermine the Modi government and the Indian army.
Even then, they had craftily said that they personally don’t doubt the Indian Army, but if Pakistan is asking for proof, it should be provided. What we see Rajdeep doing today is not much different from what had happened then.
It is rather unfortunate that Rajdeep Sardesai, who has been in the business of “journalism” for decades is more focussed on undermining this unprecedented strike against Pakistan simply because he has built a career based on hating and undermining Narendra Modi.