Home News Reports Gurugram police shoots down misleading media reports during the ongoing Padmaavat violence

Gurugram police shoots down misleading media reports during the ongoing Padmaavat violence

The Sanjay Leela Bhansali movie Padmavaat, which releases on Thursday, has become a major outrage point for a few radical groups like Karni Sena, who claim to represent ‘Rajput interests’.

Leading up to the movie’s release, the violence which had earlier meant vandalising the movie’s sets, took a whole new shape. It was reported by us how on Tuesday, ticket counters and vehicles parked outside multiplexes in cities in Gujarat were set ablaze and shops inside the malls were vandalised by people identifying themselves as Karni Sena. A total of 48 people were arrested by the police in connection with the violence.

The violent protesters also decided to strongly hit the city of Gurugram in Haryana, where protesters pelted stones and even torched a bus:

- Ad - - article resumes -

The protesters apart from blocking the Gurugram-Wazirpur-Pataudi road, also deplorably pelted stones at a school bus which was ferrying young children. To much relief, the police later confirmed that no kids were injured in the incident, and that 13 people were arrested for this attack.

While the violent protests were underway, some media reports came out to claim that clubs and bars in Gurugram were ordered to remain shut from 7 PM on Wednesday, until further notice. It was also claimed that action would be taken against those not following the order:

This news was also carried by Firstpost and leftist propaganda blog Scroll, which claimed that these establishments have decided to remain shut from 7 PM. Though it wasn’t clear whether it was due to any administrative order:

After such reports started circulating in the media, it might have been implied that the situation was worsening in the Gurugram region.

Soon though, the twitter account of Gurugram’s Deputy Commissioner came out to clarify that no order regarding such closures were issued by the district administration:

The tweet claimed that the clarification was being given due to news in this regard circulating in the media. It also claimed that the situation on the ground was now peaceful and that schools, colleges would open from Thursday.

This raises the question as to on what basis the media came out with the aforementioned news, and as to why did it not first confirm it with the district administration before reporting the same.

Help Opindia Reach Every Indian. Share This Post
Support OpIndia by making a monetary contribution

Big Story

After breaking alliance and begging Congress and NCP for support, Sena says 'BJP option' has not been exhausted yet
Putting the blame on the BJP, Thackeray had said it was BJP who refused to form the government with Shiv Sena by not keeping the 'promise' that it had made before the Lok Sabha polls. The BJP has been firm that no such 'promises' were made.

Don't miss these

2019 World Cup Is Here!

Catch the latest on Cricket World Cup as it unfolds, special coverage by Opindia

Latest articles

Connect with us

186,074FansLike
194,304FollowersFollow
116,000SubscribersSubscribe
Advertisements
Help Opindia Reach Every Indian. Share This Post