We had reported how as the Gujarat election closes in, ‘Operation Gujarat‘ will be set in motion by the Left liberal cabal.
One such incident took place last night as Ahmedabad Mirror’s editor, Deepal Trivedi posted 3 images tagging Patidar agitation leader which had news channel ABP Asmita’s logo and purported quotes by BJP President Amit Shah abusing the Patidars saying that the BJP does not need the support of the Patidars.
The 3 images have 3 statements which she claims were said by Amit Shah.
1. Patidars wanted some quid pro quo, hence they voted for BJP. BJP does not need the Patidars.
2. Not only in 2018, we will never give reservation to Patidars.
3. Let us win the elections, we will show the Patidars their place
The tweet is now deleted after 12 hours, but not after the images went viral on social media. ABP Asmita clarified immediately that these are fake images.
— Brijesh Doshi (@brijdoshi) November 11, 2017
However, Trivedi took her own time to delete the tweet, by which time the images which had damaging statements went viral on social media.
Later, ABP Asmita even ran the denial on their news channel.
@abpasmitatv ‘s denial of the fake images viral on social media with our logo. There was no such statement from @AmitShah and we will take legal actions according to policy.@milindkhandekar @dhaval241086 @malviyamit @Nisharp @siddtalks @sanghaviharsh @AmitThakerBJP pic.twitter.com/N7HpMbQq5D
— Brijesh Doshi (@brijdoshi) November 12, 2017
The atrocious statements put up by Deepal could have easily instigated disturbance within communities in a poll-bound state where rumours can easily take shape of violence.
When confronted about her malicious tweet, Trivedi claimed that she tagged Hardik and Amit Shah to ‘clarify’ since the images appeared ‘dicey’. However, if you see her tweet, it is not seeking clarification but it goes with the assumption the images are real and Amit Shah said those derogatory statements about Patidars.
In subsequent tweet she says she received it form a ‘professional’ and hence she believed it to be credible even though anyone can see it clearly morphed.
— Deepal Trivedi (@DeepalMirror) November 12, 2017
This raises a lot of questions.
1. Is there malicious intent amongst some of the media professionals in Gujarat to spread lies and fake news, especially if they are allegedly close to some leaders in the Opposition?
2. Can this be considered an attempt to create inter-communal tension in poll-bound Gujarat?
3. What is the role of Opposition in spreading such fake news?
4. What steps should be taken against people in power, not directly politicians, who use their power to spread such discord and fake news?
It is about time media persons do responsible reporting instead of sensationalising.