Just before a day of selection of Indian team cricket for the West Indies tour, the most experienced Indian wicket-keeper MS Dhoni has made himself unavailable for the tour and will serve his paramilitary regiment.
As per the BCCI Official (unnamed source) said that MS Dhoni has asked the selectors for a 2-month break so that he can spend the time with his regiment.
“Dhoni has made himself unavailable for the tour of West Indies as he will be spending two months with his paramilitary regiment,” the official told PTI.
There had been speculation that MS Dhoni would have been selected for the tour in the squad of 15 but not in playing 11 as his role would have been to mentor the youngsters.
MS Dhoni has been criticized for his approach in the middle order and gifting away runs as a keeper. He conceded most runs as a wicket-keeper in World Cup 2019, and his strike rate has been at worse in the last three years.
Despite the average performance, Dhoni had made it clear that he is not sure when will he retire from International cricket.
India’s next home series will start from September 15 against South Africa, and by then two months will be over.