Sunday, April 5, 2020
Home News Reports Shaheen Bagh: Parents of the dead infant show no regret, defend taking children out...

Shaheen Bagh: Parents of the dead infant show no regret, defend taking children out in cold, blame government

Speaking to media, Nazia even defends taking the infant out every night in Delhi's winter. She says that it is the fight of the children too, and they will also accompany parents to the protest venue.

Also Read

OpIndia Staffhttps://www.opindia.com
Staff reporter at OpIndia

Nazia, the mother of the four-month-old infant Mohammad Jahaan who reportedly died last week due to severe cold during anti-CAA protests in Shaheen Bagh said that she will continue to protest.

While speaking to ANI, Nazia said, “My son has caught a cold, there was no other health issue. We will still go to protest for our country. We don’t have any documents, what will we do? We demand that Modiji and Amit Shah Ji take back CAA & NRC “.

The infant died last week after he acquired a severe cold and congestion because of the exposure towards the chilling winter at the outdoor demonstration. However, his mother is determined to participate in the protests, saying it is “for the future of her children”, ignoring completely that CAA does not even concern Indian Muslims.

- article continues after ad - - article resumes -

As per reports, Mohammad Arif and Nazia, the infant’s parents live in a hut put together with plastic sheets and cloth in the Batla House area and have a five-year-old daughter and a one-year-old son other than Mohammad Jahaan.

They hail from Bareilly in Uttar Pradesh, Arif is reportedly an embroidery worker and also drives an e-rickshaw.

“I had returned from Shaheen Baag at around 1 AM. After putting him and other kids to sleep, even I went to sleep. In the morning, I suddenly found him motionless. He was gone in his sleep,” Nazia said.

The couple asserted that they took their motionless infant to the nearby Alshifa Hospital on the morning of January 31 where he was declared dead on arrival.

Nazia has reportedly been visiting the Shaheen Bagh protest venue every day since December 18 along with the infant.

Speaking to media, Nazia even defends taking the infant out every night in Delhi’s winter. She says that it is the fight of the children too, and they will also accompany parents to the protest venue.

The death certificate issued by the hospital doesn’t mention any severe reason for death. However, the parents who took the infant out every night in Delhi’s severe cold, are unwilling to admit that an infant health and wellness is the primary responsibility for the parents.

Read: Shaheen Bagh ground report: A well-organised ‘organic’ protest, estimated costs of Rs 5L every day and protestors spying on you

“Why was I doing this? For my children and the children of all us who need a bright future in this country. The CAA divides us on religion and should never be accepted. I don’t know if there is politics involved but I know that I must question what is against the future of my children”, Nazia was quoted saying.

Arif, the infant’s father, also puts the blame squarely on the government. He has stated that they had to go out to protest only because the government brought CAA and NRC. None of them seems to register that NRC has not even been started yet and CAA has nothing to do with Indian citizens.

OpIndia had also reported on the death of a two-month-old child who had been accompanying its mother to Shaheen Bagh protests. However, we are unable to confirm whether the cases are the same or there has been the death of two infants.

- Support OpIndia -
Support OpIndia by making a monetary contribution

Trending now

OpIndia Staffhttps://www.opindia.com
Staff reporter at OpIndia

Latest News

COVID-19 brought under Ayushman Bharat Scheme, testing and treatment to be available for free at private labs and hospitals

Testing and treatment of Covid-19 will be available for free at private labs and hospitals under Ayushman Bharat

Coronavirus: Tablighi Jamaat members continue to endanger public health in different states in India

Helth ministry informed that about 647 confirmed cases of Wuhan Coronavirus in 14 States, in the past 2 days, are linked to the Tablighi Jamaat.

Two new COVID-19 positive cases detected in Mumbai’s Dharavi

Earlier 3 cases had been reported in Dharavi out of them one succumbed to the disease, who was linked with Tablighi Jamaat

BJP MP shares video accusing Arvind Kejriwal government of providing worm-infested food to the poor during the lockdown

Tt is being alleged that the food provided to poor by the AAP government in Delhi is worm-infested and unfit for human consumption.

101 people crammed in Mumbai shelter house amidst lockdown, cancer patients living in close quarters with migrant workers: Reports

Amidst Coronavirus lockdown, with non-existent provisions for isolation and a common toilet, life has been difficult for the residents of the Mumbai shelter house.

Latest updates and important links about COVID-19 coronavirus

Live statistics and tracking of news related to COVID-19 coronavirus with focus on India.

Recently Popular

FIR after video of fruit vendor Sheru Miyan licking fruits goes viral, daughter says ‘he did so because of his habit of ‘counting currency...

The police registered the FIR against the fruit vendor on the basis of a complaint lodged by a youth named Bodhraj Tipta

Ummah above gender: The Wire journalist refuses to believe nurses’ complaint about Tablighi Jamaatis harassing them

The Wire editor Arfa Khanum Sherwani has declared Tablighi Jamaatis innocent and indulges in Muslim victim-mongering, accusing nurses of lying

India has managed to flatten the Coronavirus curve despite Tablighi Jamaat cases: Here are the facts and charts

Over 95% of the coronavirus cases reported over the last two days in India have been found to have links with the Tablighi Jamaat congregation in Delhi

145 Hindus test Coronavirus positive after visiting​ Vaishno Devi: Islamist Ali Sohrab, who was once arrested, spreads fake news again

Fake news peddler Ali Sohrab was in November last year arrested by UP Police over his provocative tweets on Supreme Court judgement of Ram Janmabhoomi verdict

This WSJ columnist thinks that deeply religious Muslims can’t be molesters or rapists

Doing everything he possibly can to prove that members of Tablighi Jamaat were innocent, was WSJ columnist Sadanand Dhume.

Subscribe to our newsletter

Each morning, get an email to keep updated with all the news, opinions and analysis published by OpIndia.

Connect with us

217,461FansLike
272,694FollowersFollow
212,000SubscribersSubscribe
Advertisements