Ever since the Narendra Modi Government came to the center, the seemingly improbable started happening to the BJP as a party. Right from forming a BJP coalition government in the state of Jammu & Kashmir to sweeping the North East India with BJP or BJP alliances ruling all the 8/8 states in North East the BJP has proved itself not to be an untouchable party anymore.
Well, Tamil Nadu is no exception to this trend. For the first time in the history of BJP in Tamil Nadu 109 eminent intellectuals from the field of Tamil literature, Tamil scholars, scientists, writers, jurists, educationalists have given a joint appeal to voters of Tamil Nadu to reelect Prime Minister Modi and listed out the reasons for appealing so.
The Appeal reads out as follows:
An Appeal to Tamil Nadu voters
- Narendra Modi’s Government completed its tenure of five years in center.
- In this five-year tenure of Modi Government, various sectors had seen development. Ujjwala(Free Gas) scheme, increasing maternity leave to 26 weeks and constructing toilets throughout the country had created a positive impact on the life of women.
- Measures taken by this Government to eliminate corruption had started to harvest benefits.
- Ayushman Bharat is turning out to be the biggest healthcare social security scheme in the world.
- India is transformed into the sixth largest economy from the state of economic crisis.
- National OBC Commission is given the constitutional status for the first time in the history.
- Kanchipuram and Velankanni from Tamil Nadu were announced as holy tourist circuit cities by Ministry of Culture.
- Steps were taken to establish the first AIIMS hospital and college in Tamil Nadu.
- Internal and external security is handled in the best possible way.
- Number of Haj pilgrimages had seen steep increase.
- Housing for All before 2022 under Prime Minister Awas Yojana Scheme is rolling out in an effective way reaching the right beneficiaries.
- Hence, all of us named below wish Narendra Modi Government to come back to power again because of its exceptional performance in various sectors.
- All of us named below appeal Tamil Nadu voters to re-elect Prime Minister Narendra Modi because of his care towards the nation, because of having zero accusation under his name and because of his selfless work for the nation to progress in global arena.
Addressing the media, senior journalist Maalan listed out the reasons why they want reelection of Prime Minister. Noted senior Tamil scholar Dr Saraswathi Ramanathan said how millions of women have benefited from Narendra Modi’s pathbreaking schemes like Ujjwala(Free Gas), Swachh Bharath(Toilets) & various other schemes.
The following are the signatories of the the petition. The first 9 petitioners were present in the Chennai Press Club and appealed to the Tamil Nadu voters on behalf of the 109 eminent intellectuals to vote for PM Modi.
- Dr.Smt.Saraswathi Ramanathan- Tamil Scholar
- Major General.Thiru.Padmanabhan
- Thiru.Balachandar IPS, Ex-DGP
- Thiru.Maalan- Writer
- Thiru.Badri Seshadri – Publisher
- Thiru.CMK Reddy – President of Tamil Nadu Medical Association
- Dr.Muhammad Feroz Khan – President, Tamil Nadu Islam Jamath
- Thiru.Subbu – Senior Journalist
- Padmabushan Dr. Thiru.R.Nagasamy
- Padmashri Srimathi.Vijayalakshmi Navaneethakrishnan
- Thiru.Anbazhagan – Fishermen Association president
- Thiru.G.Krishnan (ISRO)
- Thiru.Prof.Durairaj (ISRO)
- Thiru.Prof.Ramanathan (DRDO)
- Justice Thiru.Ko.Su.Arumugam,
- Thiru.Satish Kumar,
- Thiru.Thillai Karthikeyam Sivam,
- Thiru.Prof.R. Ramachandran,
- Dr.Srimathi.Usha Mahadevan
- Srimathi.Thirumamagal Kannan,
- Thiru.Kannan (Kumbakonam),
- Thiru.Ganesh Sokkalingam,
- Prof. Thiru.N.K.Udhaya Prakash,
- Prof. Srimathi.S Bhuvaneshwari
- Thiru.S Chandrasekar, Rasipuram
- Srimathi.V Kausalya Senji
- Prof. Thiru.A.Udhayakumar
- Prof. Thiru.Ganapathy Subramanian
- Prof. Thiru.Kanagaraj Easwaran
- Prof. Thiru.A Parivazhagan
- Prof. Thiru.R Rajagopalan
- Prof. Thiru.K Sampath Kumar
- Prof. Thiru.U Sundara Rajan
- Prof. Thiru.S Gurusamy
- Thiru.D Lokraj Madhuraanthakam
- Thiru.Kizhaampur Sankara Subramanian,
- Thiru.Kolagala Srinivas,
- Thiru.Senkottai Sriram,
- Thiru.Sedhu Gopinath,
- Thiru.Pa.Veera Raghavan
- Srimathy. Banu Gomes,
- Thiru.Ariya Tamilan,
- Thiru.T Sathyamoorthy
- Smt.Sivasankari – Writer
- Thiru.Aadhalayur Surya Kumar,
- Thiru. Umari Kasivelu,
- Dr.Thiru.Sivasakthi Balan,
- Thiru.Haran Prasanna,
- Thiru.Thanjai Ve.Gopalan,
- Thiru.Thanjai T.K.Gurunathan,
- Thiru.Aravindan Neelakantan,
- Thiru.Aamaruvi Devanathan,
- Thiru.Sudaahar Kasturi,
- Thiru.Gaandhamani Narayanan,
- Thiru.Krishnan Subramanian,
- Srimathy.Latha Ragunathan,
- Thiru.Laxmana Perumal,
- Thiru.K R A Narasayya,
- Thiru.K R Murali,
- Thiru.Java Kumar
- Thiru.B N Thiyagarajan
- Thiru.Chitti Venugopal
- Thiru.N Harihara Subramanian
- Srimathy.Padmavathy Mahesh
- Thiru.Vijayashree Ramesh
- Thiru.T N Seshagopalan
- Srimathy.Gayatri Venkatraghavan
- Thiru.Keyboard Sathya
- Srimathy.Madhuvanthi Arun
- Astrologer Thiru.Selvi
- Thiru.Veeramani Raju
- Thiru.S.Sriprakash – Social activist
- Thiru.Erode Nagaraj – Mirudhangam artist