On 23 November 2015, few groups from different parts of India came together to do Shramdaan, which involved coordinated efforts by different voluntary groups towards improving cleanliness and sanitation situation in their respective cities.
All of them used a WhatsApp group to pool in ideas, share their work and appreciate whatever good was being done. As this furthers the objective of Swachh Bharat campaign that was launched by the Prime Minister, even the PM had appreciated their efforts:
— Narendra Modi (@narendramodi) November 23, 2015
The concept of Shramdaan was furthered by Prime Minister Narendra Modi who appealed to the citizens of India, through his radio address Mann Ki Baat in September last year, to devote a few hours for Swachh Bharat by participating in various cleanliness activities.
He also urged citizens to share pictures and videos of their ‘#Shramdaan’ and further strengthen this mass movement across the country, and many citizens and groups are doing exactly the same. Thanks to the determination and perseverance of these individuals and groups, a certain stability and continuity has been achieved. Now they are ready to scale up Shramdaan to new heights.
To take a step towards the same, a Shramdaan Conclave is being organized by the Raipur District Administration (Chhattisgarh) and a volunteer group named “Bunch of Fools” on 15-16 April 2017.
Papers and presentations from different groups have been invited. The conference seeks to define and draft a clear course and model of public participation in Cleanliness & Sanitation. The aim is also to deliberate upon channelizing the energy of masses towards #SwachhBharat.
Here are the names of a few of the groups who will be attending the conclave at Raipur, bringing with them their experience and innovative ideas. Their contribution to Swachh Bharat is remarkable and they have managed to change perceptions in a big way from wherever they hail from:
1. Samarpit Sewa Samiti, Vidisha, Madhya Pradesh
2. Lalitpur Jagrukta Abhiyaan, Lalitpur, Uttar Pradesh
3. Swacch Jarora, Jarora, Himachal Pradesh
4. NDYS (Swacch Narmda), Shegaon, Madhya Pradesh
5. Helping Hand Alwar, Alwar Rajasthan
6. MAD Foundation, Mumbai, Rajasthan
7. Navyakriti Foundation, Delhi
8. Mission Parijat, Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh
9. Shashi Foundation, Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh
10. Digital Jhansi, Jhansi, Uttar Pradesh
11. Team Shramdaan, Ghazipur, Uttar Pradesh
12. Green Warriors, Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh
13. Nagpur I-clean, Nagpur, Maharashtra
14. Bhopal I-clean, Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh
15. Swarnrekha Samiti, Ranchi, Jharkhand
16. Green Minds, Bhandara, Maharashtra
17. Mission Shramdaan, Gwalior, Madhya Pradesh
18. Dev Excel Foundation, Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh
19. Change India Foundation, Jamshedpur, Jharkhand
20. Helping Hands Palwal, Palwal, Haryana
21. Swachh Bharat Mission, Delhi
22. Paryavaran Dost, Ranchi, Jahrkhand
23. Paryavarn Sena, Pratapgarh, Uttar Pradesh
24. Young India Raipur, Chhattisgarh
25. Green Police, Nagaon, Assam
26. Shuddhi NGO, Delhi
27. Kshiteshwar Nath Sewa Samiti, Balia, Uttar Pradesh
For more information or for participating, please write to firstname.lastname@example.org