Sunday, October 24, 2021
HomeNews Reports'It's not a ceasefire but suspension of ops': Rajnath Singh clarifies on the govt's...

‘It’s not a ceasefire but suspension of ops’: Rajnath Singh clarifies on the govt’s controversial decision

Home Minister Rajnath Singh clarified on Tuesday that the controversial decision taken by the government with respect to terrorists in Kashmir was not a ceasefire but ‘suspension of operation’ due to Ramzan.


Last week, Army Chief General Bipin Rawat hinted at an extension of the suspension of combat operations if an atmosphere of peace prevailed in the state. However, he asserted that any terrorist activity would force the government to rethink such a decision. Rajnath Singh has also stated recently that the government is ready for talks with Hurriyat if the separatists agreed to it. “I have already said that we are ready for dialogue with all stakeholders in Kashmir. If Hurriyat comes forward for talks, we don’t mind talking to them. Whoever wants to talk with us, we are ready for talks,” he said.

The government’s decision to suspend operations in view of Ramzan came as a shock to many, especially because thus far, it has appeared to be ruthless in dealing with terrorists in Kashmir. Last year alone, the security forces eliminated over a hundred terrorists in Kashmir. Even after suspension of operations, the Indian A’Itrmy recovered heavy arms and modern weaponry from terrorists slain along the LoC in Kashmir.

 

  Support Us  

Whether NDTV or 'The Wire', they never have to worry about funds. In name of saving democracy, they get money from various sources. We need your support to fight them. Please contribute whatever you can afford

OpIndia Staffhttps://www.opindia.com
Staff reporter at OpIndia

Related Articles

Trending now

Recently Popular

- Advertisement -

Connect with us

255,564FansLike
585,331FollowersFollow
25,100SubscribersSubscribe