Advertisements
Sunday, May 31, 2020
Home News Reports Days after Rajnath Singh hinted on surgical strike 2.0, reports suggest BSF jawan's mutilation...

Days after Rajnath Singh hinted on surgical strike 2.0, reports suggest BSF jawan’s mutilation avenged by Indian forces

Also Read

OpIndia Staffhttps://www.opindia.com
Staff reporter at OpIndia

Last week, rumours were rife that the Indian Army may have conducted a second ‘surgical strike’ against Pakistan occupied Kashmir. In fact, on 29th September, Home Minister Rajnath Singh himself had said ‘something big has happened 2-3 days back’, refusing to disclose details at that point. “Trust me, something big has happened two-three days ago. And you will also see what happens in future,” Rajnath said referring to the killing of Narendra Singh, the BSF Jawan who was brutally murdered by Pakistan a few days ago.

Now, as reported by Daily Pioneer, as many as 14 Pakistani Rangers have been killed by the BSF and destroyed six bunkers on the intervening night of 25th and 26th September along the Line of Control (LoC) in Jammu and Kashmir (J&K). As per reports, a ‘fitting’ reply was given to the mutilation of Singh by inflicting injuries on at least two Pakistani Rangers. K K Sharma, the outgoing BSF DG had also said that sufficient action has been taken to avenge Narendra Singh’s murder.

Indian government has been working to strengthen the armed forces. Recently, Home Minister Rajnath Singh had inaugurated two pilot projects for ‘smart’ border fencing built under the Comprehensive Integrated Border Management System (CIBMS). The two stretches, 5.5 kms each, will now have first of its kind high tech surveillance system that would create an invisible electronic barrier on air, water and land to help the BSF foil the infiltration attempts.

This will also help in handling the increased infiltration and cross-border firing along with the international border which have been on the rise in last one year. As per reports, this figure has increased four times in last one year, highest in five years. As many as 498 incidents of cross-firing have taken place taking the casualties figure to 12 and 40 injured.

Advertisements

  Support Us  

Whether NDTV or 'The Wire', they never have to worry about funds. In name of saving democracy, they get money from various sources. We need your support to fight them. Please contribute whatever you can afford

Trending now

OpIndia Staffhttps://www.opindia.com
Staff reporter at OpIndia

Latest updates and important links about COVID-19 coronavirus

Live statistics and tracking of news related to COVID-19 coronavirus with focus on India.

Unelected people think they can impose their will on the government through courts: Harish Salve

Harish Salve said that one may not agree with the judgment of the court but saying that the court does not stands with the people is wrong.

India emerges as fifth-largest hydropower producer in the world overtaking Japan

As per International Hydropower Association, India has a total installed base at 50 Gigawatt after Canada, the US, Brazil, and China.

UP Power Minister Shrikant Sharma orders to close all drains opening in Yamuna river till February

Expressing concern over the situation of Yamuna, UP power minister ordered to close all drains opening in the river till February

‘We want court and Govt to end Babri Masjid Demolition Case,’ says Ram Mandir dispute petitioner Iqbal Ansari after losing the case

Ansari further added that the Special CBI Court, overseeing the Babri Masjid Demolition case, must look to deliver speedy closure.

Unlock 1.0: MHA issues guidelines for phased reopening for all activities outside containment zones after the end of Lockdown 4.0

The Unlock 1:0 guidelines proposes a plan for gradual reopening of the restricted activities after the end of Lockdown 4.0

Recently Popular

ISKCON rejects Shemaroo Entertainment’s ‘apology’, to proceed with legal action against comedian Surleen Kaur for abusive, derogatory statements

A complaint had been filed by ISKCON organisation against comedian Ms Surleen Kaur and Shemaroo Entertainment Ltd for her abusive, derogatory remarks against the organisations, saints and Hindus.

Dangal actress Zaira Wasim quits Twitter and Instagram after being criticised for ridiculous post insinuating locust attack is ‘Allah’s wrath’

Dangal actress Zaira Wasim has quit Twitter and Instagram after receiving criticism for her insensitive post.

ISKCON files complaint against comedian Surleen Kaur and Shemaroo Entertainment Ltd for a video where ISKCON devotees were called ‘harami porn-waley’

Surleen Kaur had said in the video published by Shemaroo ‘no doubt we are from ISKCON, but from inside we are all harami porn lovers’.

Scroll asked OpIndia about Islamists targeting our ad revenues, and here is our response

A Twitter handle of an organisation called 'Stop Funding Hate' has taken it upon themselves to counter the supposed 'hate speech' that was supposedly propagated by OpIndia in one of its articles which spoke about the inherently discriminatory practices in the Halal process

D10: Britain proposes new alliance of 10 democracies including India, South Korea, Australia and G7 nations to break China’s monopoly on 5G technology

The United Kingdom aims to create an alternative suppliers of 5G technology and other technologies to by forming the D10 group
Advertisements

Connect with us

228,861FansLike
356,450FollowersFollow
244,000SubscribersSubscribe
Advertisements