Saturday, July 13, 2024
HomeNews ReportsUncertainty over MJ Akbar’s resignation, to make statement soon

Uncertainty over MJ Akbar’s resignation, to make statement soon

Update: Reports are in that MJ Akbar has not yet tendered his resignation.


Junior Minister in the Modi government and former journalist M J Akbar, who has been accused of sexual harassment by many women during his stint as a journalist has reportedly tendered his resignation.


Akbar landed back in Delhi last night from Nigeria, where he was on an official trip as Minister of State for External Affairs and as per reports, he sent his resignation through an email. Last week, as many women opened up on social media about the sexual harassment they have faced, a lot of women came forward to accuse Akbar, who was then the editor at various publications including Asian Age.

Earlier, speaking to media, BJP President Amit Shah had addressed the grave allegations against M J Akbar and said that the allegations against him would be examined and action would be taken accordingly.

A barrage of harassment charges against MJ Akbar followed as one notable journalist Ghazala Wahab penned down her ordeal dating back to the 1990s. Several other journalists who have been his victim have concurred with the allegations made by Wahab. As per the latest account by a foreign journalist Majlie de Puy Kamp, who was 18 when she interned at the Asian Age in 2007, Akbar violated her boundaries and betrayed her and her parent’s trust.

As per reports, Akbar has tendered his resignation to the Principal Secretary. We will update the story when we have more information.

Note: Reports say that M J Akbar has not yet tendered his resignation. We shall update the story when we have more information.

Join OpIndia's official WhatsApp channel

  Support Us  

Whether NDTV or 'The Wire', they never have to worry about funds. In name of saving democracy, they get money from various sources. We need your support to fight them. Please contribute whatever you can afford

OpIndia Staff
OpIndia Staffhttps://www.opindia.com
Staff reporter at OpIndia

Related Articles

Trending now

‘Censor speech, and we won’t fine you’: Elon Musk reveals ‘secret deal’ offered by EU as it accuses X of breaching DSA online content...

"The European Commission offered 𝕏 an illegal secret deal: if we quietly censored speech without telling anyone, they would not fine us. The other platforms accepted that deal. 𝕏 did not," Musk tweeted.

‘Illegal’ encroachments, slaughtering of animals, damaged temples: Hindus protest at Vishalgadh, demand restoration of its ‘falling’ legacy, crucial discoveries from ground

As per the documents exclusively obtained by OpIndia, there are a total of 156 properties that have undertaken illegal expansion of the homes and shops by building iron sheet sheds. Among these 156, around 100 plus properties belong to the Muslim community people who are said to have illegally encroached on the area around the old Dargah and the firm extended Masjid covered by iron sheets.

Recently Popular

- Advertisement -