The security forces on Monday recovered 40 kgs of explosives from Jammu and Kashmir’s Kathua region, averting a major possible terror attack.
The seizure of the explosives was made during a search operation in Dewal village of Dilawal area of Kathua. Following a tip-off, the troops of Army’s Intelligence Corps and Jammu and Kashmir Police undertook a joint operation and conducted a search at a suspected location and recovered a cache of locally-made explosives foiling a possible attack.
According to reports, one person has been arrested in the connection with recovery of the explosives and is currently being interrogated. Further details are awaited.
Earlier in the day Army chief, Bipin Rawat while speaking to the media in Chennai revealed that Pakistan had reactivated the Balakot terror camp.
“Balakot has been re-activated by Pakistan, very recently. This shows Balakot was affected, it was damaged and it highlights some action was taken by the Indian Air Force at Balakot and now they have got the people back there”, the Army chief said in a statement.
Army Chief General Bipin Rawat: Balakot has been re-activated by Pakistan, very recently. This shows Balakot was affected, it was damaged; it highlights some action was taken by the Indian Air Force at Balakot & now they have got the people back there. pic.twitter.com/IFN7SjJDud
— ANI (@ANI) September 23, 2019
Lashing out at the neighbouring nation, Bipin Rawat said, “Pakistan violates ceasefire to push terrorists into our territory. We know how to deal with ceasefire violations. Our troops know how to position themselves and take action. We are alert and will ensure that maximum infiltration bids are foiled.”
He also said that at least 500 terrorists are waiting to infiltrate in India from across the border.
Pakistan, which has been left completely rattled by the abrogation of Article 370 in Jammu and Kashmir has been persistently trying to push terrorists across the border into the Valley. It has time and again threatened India with ‘attacks’. There has also been an increased threat of terror attacks initiated by Pakistan supported by Pakistan’s spy agency, ISI.
Yesterday, Pakistan once again violated ceasefire along the Line of Control (LoC) in Jammu and Kashmir with mortars being fired in Mendhar sector of Poonch district.
On September 12, arms and ammunition were recovered during routine checking at Lakhanpur border in Kathua. It is reported that the weapons were being brought to Srinagar from Amritsar in Punjab. Moreover, three terrorists had been arrested and six AK-47 rifles along with Rs 4.5 lakh cash have been recovered from them.
Earlier it was reported how the Indian security agencies have recently cracked some code words being used by the Pakistani Army and terrorist groups along the other side of LoC to communicate with terrorists active inside Jammu and Kashmir. As per reports, the coded messages are being sent through FM stations installed along the LoC in PoK.
Many attempts by Pakistan’s BAT forces and terrorist groups to push infiltrators have also been thwarted by Indian forces.
There had also been a sudden surge in the instances of ceasefire violation by Pakistan along the LoC at different sectors. A report by the Indian Army has mentioned that since August 5, there had been over 300 instances of ceasefire violation by Pakistan.
Recently, the Ministry of External Affairs Spokesperson, Raveesh Kumar also confirmed that there has been more than 2,050 unprovoked ceasefire violations by Pakistan forces this year, furthering that at least 21 Indians had died due to the said violations by the Pakistani forces.