Home Law Former CBI Interim Director Nageswara Rao says he has no link with the company raided by Kolkata police in revenge against CBI

Former CBI Interim Director Nageswara Rao says he has no link with the company raided by Kolkata police in revenge against CBI

The raid on a company 'linked' with the wife of Nageshwar Rao was seen as revenge by Kolkata police on CBI

A 15 member team of Kolkata police conducted raids at two different locations alleged to be connected with former Interim CBI Director M Nageswara Rao. The police conducted raids at two offices of M/s Angelina Mercantile Pvt Ltd, one at Kolkata and the other at Salt Lake. It is alleged that the company is linked to Nageswara Rao’s wife.

The raids were clearly done as a revenge on the CBI officer for trying to question Kolkata police commissioner for his role in the chit fund scam. But now Nageswara Rao has issued a press statement saying his wife does not have any connection with M/s Angelina Mercantile Pvt Ltd.

In the statement, Rao says that his wife had taken a loan from M/s Angelina Mercantile Pvt Ltd. for purchase of an immovable property. Later, she sold two plots of ancestral property and sent the proceeds to the company, as a repayment for the loan with interest, and the balance amount was kept as an investment by the company. 3 years later, the investment amount was returned to Rao’s wife along with interest, and after that, there was no link between her and the company, Nageshwar Rao clarifies.

- Ad - - article resumes -

The former interim director of CBI further added that details of all the transactions were submitted with the competent authority. He also said that all the details of properties of him and his family have been submitted in his annual property returns for all the years and the same can be downloaded from the Ministry of Home Affairs website,

He called the raids being conducted by the Kolkata police as propaganda.

The allegations of improper dealings with the company were raised in October last year also, after he was appointed as interim director of CBI. He had dismissed the allegations as incorrect and untrue and had issued a statement on October 30 saying that the transactions and investments made by him or his wife have been submitted before the competent authorities. He had given the same details that he has issued today.

On February 5, the Supreme Court had directed Kolkata police commissioner Rajeev Kumar to make him available for investigation by CBI, in a massive setback to Mamata Banerjee who was preventing CBI from questioning the IPS officer. A CBI team will question Rajeev Kumar on 9th February in Shillong. The Supreme Court had selected Shillong as a neutral venue for the quiestioning.

Help Opindia Reach Every Indian. Share This Post
Support OpIndia by making a monetary contribution

Big Story

Nanavati-Mehta Commission report on Gujarat riots was submitted to Gujarat Chief Minister in 2014 but was tabled today

Don't miss these

2019 World Cup Is Here!

Catch the latest on Cricket World Cup as it unfolds, special coverage by Opindia

Latest articles

Connect with us

191,009FansLike
202,817FollowersFollow
127,000SubscribersSubscribe
Advertisements
Help Opindia Reach Every Indian. Share This Post