Monday, July 26, 2021
HomeNews ReportsMughal descendant Prince Tucy says he will keep up his promise and donate the...

Mughal descendant Prince Tucy says he will keep up his promise and donate the first ‘gold brick’ for Ram Temple

During his last year's visit, Tucy had pledged the land for the temple and had apologized to the Hindu community for the destruction of Ram temple by placing the 'charan-paduka' on his head as a symbolic apology.

Yakub Habeebuddin Tucy, aka Prince Tucy, who is the great-grandson of Mughal Emperor Bahadur Shah Zafar welcomed the Supreme Court’s historic decision to hand over the Ram Janmbhoomi site to Hindus to build the Ram Mandir and reiterated his promise to donate the first ‘gold’ brick, for Ram temple construction at Ayodhya.

Tucy, who had rooted for Ram temple, saying ‘Inshallah title will go to Hindu community’ just a day prior to the verdict, greeted the SC’ decision stating that it would finally end the Mandir-Masjid politics.

Yesterday, while speaking to News X, Tucy had said that he is quite confident that the Hindu community will get the title in the land dispute case at Ayodhya, the birthplace of Lord Ram. He had furthered that Waqf Board is not a party to the title suit and if the title of the land comes to Babur (who had reportedly ordered the construction of the mosque where the temple once stood), the title will automatically go to him. “If it comes to Babur’s side, then 100% we will donate it to the government of India,” he had said.

Read: Ayodhya verdict: Mughal descendant Prince Tucy roots for Ram temple, says ‘Inshallah title will go to Hindu community’

On being questioned as to how he is the owner of the disputed land, Prince Tucy said that Babur’s soldier constructed the mosque in the 16th century. During the time of the Mughals, Mir Baqi must have constructed the mosque after destroying the temple because ASI has already proved that. “It is private property. Private property means that property not for the Muslim community. It is only for the soldiers. There is no waqf deed from Babur and Waqf Board has failed to provide any documents in court. It is a baseless case,” he said.

Prince Tucy further stated yesterday that he had also given a statement to the President of India saying that while Babur was a secular ruler, his commander Mir Baqi destroyed the temple and built the mosque. On behalf of his ancestor, he has also apologised to the entire Hindu community.

Read: Prince Yakub Habeebuddin Tucy sends legal notice to Shia leader Waseem Rizvi over Ram Janam Bhoomi movie

Prince Tucy has been maintaining a similar stance on the Ran Janmbhoomi. In the month of August, in an interview with the Times of India, Tucy had promised to present the first brick to build Ram temple at Ayodhya. “It will be a golden brick,” he told TOI in an interview on August 21.

On February 8, Tucy had petitioned the Supreme Court to implead him in the Ram Janmbhoomi-Babri Masjid dispute and had said that he would also hand over the entire land for construction of the temple.

During his last year’s visit, Tucy had pledged the land for the temple and had apologized to the Hindu community for the destruction of Ram temple by placing the ‘charan-paduka’ on his head as a symbolic apology.

  Support Us  

Whether NDTV or 'The Wire', they never have to worry about funds. In name of saving democracy, they get money from various sources. We need your support to fight them. Please contribute whatever you can afford

OpIndia Staffhttps://www.opindia.com
Staff reporter at OpIndia

Related Articles

Trending now

Recently Popular

- Advertisement -

 

Connect with us

255,564FansLike
562,928FollowersFollow
24,600SubscribersSubscribe