Days after Hizbul Mujhadeen commander Sabzar Ahmad Bhat – the successor of Burhan Wani – was killed in an encounter in Tral, the Indian Army has released a list of 12 dreaded terrorists operating in the Kashmir Valley.
The list, which marks the terrorists under A and A++ category, includes Lashkar-e-Taiba’s Abu Dujana, Hizbul Mujahideen’s Riyaz Naikoo and former Hizbul terrorist Zakir Musa. Here is the list of top-12 terrorists:
- Riyaz Naikoo, a tech-savy jihadi, is one of the oldest surviving terrorists in the Valley. He is likely to the next commander of Hizbul Mujhadeen. He has escaped from several traps laid for him by security forces in the past three years. Naikoo, who is from Awantipora in Pulwama district, is rated as an A++ category terrorist by the Army. An award of Rs 12 lakh has been offered for information leading to his arrest.
- Zakir Musa, which is also marked as A++ category terrorist by the Army, recently released a video calling the separatist Hurriyat Conference leaders “hypocrites”, “infidels”, “followers of evil” and threatened to chop off their heads “if they create hurdles in the path of making Kashmir an Islamic state”. Musa has reportedly parted ways with the Hizbul on the differences over backing the Huriyat.
- Altaf AH Dar, Hizbul Mujahideen’s district commander for Kulgam, has been listed as A++ terrorist by the Army. Dar, a resident of Hawara of Kulgam district, was recruited into the terror outfit in December 2012.
- Basir AH Wani, Anantnag district commander of LeT, has been marked in A++ category. A resident of Sopshali Kokernag, Wani was recruited into LeT on 2 October, 2015.
- Abu Dujana, the LeT Divisional Commander of South Kashmir, has been listed in A++ category. Dujana, a resident of Pakistan, is active in the Kashmir Valley since December, 2014.
- Abu Hamas, a JeM divisional commander, has been marked in Certegy A++ terrorist. Hamas, a resident of Pakistan, has been active in Kashmir since 2016.
- Saddam Paddar, Shopian district commander of Hizbul Mujahideen, has been listed in A++ categry. Paddar, a resident of Hef Shirmal of Shopian district, was recruited into the terror outfit on September 25, 2015.
- Showkat AH Tak, Pulwama district commander of Lashkar-e-Taiba, has been marked in A++ category. Tak, a resident of Panzgam of Awantipore joined the terror outfit on 17 October, 2011.
- Wasim AH, Shopian district commander of Lashkar-e-Taiba, has been marked in A++ category. Wasim, a resident of Hef Shirmal of Shopian district was recruited into the terror outfit on 28 March, 2014.
- Mohd Yasin Itto, Badgam district commander of Hizbul Mujhadeen, has been listed in A category. Itto, a resident of Chadoorra of Badgam district was inducted into the terror outfit on 6 December, 2015.
- Junaid AH Matoo, a LeT district commander, has been marked in A category. Matoo, a resident of Khudwani of Kulgam district, was recruited into the terror outfit on 3 June, 2015.
- Zeenat-ul-Islam, a Lashkar-e-Taiba terrorist, has been listed in A category. Zeenat, a resident of Sugan Zanipura in Shopian district joined the terror outfit on 17 November, 2015.