Friday, September 25, 2020
Home News Reports 26/11: USA announces $5 million reward for information on Mumbai attacks perpetrators

26/11: USA announces $5 million reward for information on Mumbai attacks perpetrators

The US has regretted the fact that even after ten long years, the perpetrators of the attack have not been brought to justice.

The United States on Monday announced a reward of USD 5 million for information leading to the arrest or conviction in any country of any individual who was involved in the planning and execution of the 2008 Mumbai terror attack.

According to the reports, this major announcement from the Trump Administration of rewarding more than Rs 35 crores comes as India is mourning the 10th anniversary of the deadly terror attack in which 10-Pakistan based LeT terrorist entered India’s financial hub and had killed 174 people, including six Americans.

US Secretary of State Mike Pompeo in remembrance of the Mumbai attacks issued a statement describing the Mumbai attack as a ‘barbarity’ and expressed his disappointment over the failure to convict terrorists involved in the attacks. He called upon Pakistan to uphold their UN Security Council obligations to implement sanctions against those responsible for the atrocity, including Lashkar-e-Taiba and its affiliates.

“We call upon all countries, particularly Pakistan, to uphold their UN Security Council obligations to implement sanctions against the terrorists responsible for this atrocity, including Lashkar-e-Taiba and its affiliates,” Pompeo said.

- Advertisement -

Expressing his solidarity with the people of India, Secretary Pompeo said that the barbarity of 26/11 had shocked the entire world and the USA stand with the family and friends of the victims who lost their lives in the terror attack.

Pompeo said the United States is committed to bringing people responsible for the attack into justice. “The Department of State Rewards for Justice (RFJ) Program is offering a new reward for up to USD 5 million for information leading to the arrest or conviction of any individual who was involved in planning or facilitating the 2008 Mumbai attack,” said Pompeo.

The US government’s announcement is third such RFJ reward offer seeking information regarding the perpetrators of Mumbai terror attack. Previously, the US administration had issued RFJ reward to seek information on dreaded terrorist and LeT founder Hafiz Mohammad Saeed and another LeT leader Hafiz Abdul Rahman Makki.

The Rewards for Justice program is administered by the US Department of State’s Diplomatic Security Service. The initiative was started in 1984, which has rewarded more than $150 million to over 100 people for providing actionable information that helped bring terrorists to justice or prevented acts of international terrorism worldwide.

The 26/11 terror attacks took place in November 2008, when 10 members of Lashkar-e-Taiba, an Islamic terrorist organisation based in Pakistan, carried out a series of 12 coordinated shooting and bombing attacks at several locations in Mumbai. The attacks began on 26 November killing 174 people and injuring more than 300 people.

  Support Us  

Whether NDTV or 'The Wire', they never have to worry about funds. In name of saving democracy, they get money from various sources. We need your support to fight them. Please contribute whatever you can afford

OpIndia Staffhttps://www.opindia.com
Staff reporter at OpIndia

Related Articles

Trending now

Why the mainstreaming of Umar Khalid is scary and the need to restore sanity by drawing a line in the sand

At the moment, with a range of “eminent” personalities coming out in favour of Umar Khalid, he is winning this circuit hands down.

‘He pushed me on the sofa and forced himself on me’, says actress who accused Anurag Kashyap of rape: Here is what she told...

After an initial delay, police registered an FIR against Anurag Kashyap and initiated an inquiry into the sexual assault case

Delhi Riots: WhatsApp chats acquired by OpIndia show how some anti-CAA protestors were aware that violence was planned, discussed ‘de-escalation’

The WhatsApp chats accesses by OpIndia show that some individuals were aware that some anti-CAA groups had fanned the violence and they now need to de-escalate.

Illegal Christian Cross and Jesus statue removed from government land following High Court order in Karnataka: Details

District administration removed a Christian Cross and a statue of Jesus Christ, which was illegally put up, on Susai Paliya Hill in Chikkaballapur in Karnataka.

India Today editors’ tussle with Republic TV is ruining their own credibility, one tweet at a time: Read how

Rahul Kanwal and Rajdeep's sly, targeted tweets against Republic TV are only helping to take their own credibilities further down, and exposing their own hypocrisy.

Separated from her family, kidnapped, converted to Islam and sold for an Ox: Story of Daphia who finally found her family in India

An old woman in Pakistan who was separated from her family during the partition, was abducted and converted to Islam, has finally united with her family in India over a phone call.

Recently Popular

KWAN representative told me that I need to attend Karan Johar Parties to make a comeback to movies: Suchitra Krishnamoorthi

One of the main things is that you need to be seen at Karan Johar's parties, KWAN representative had told Suchitra Krishnamoorthi

India Today editors’ tussle with Republic TV is ruining their own credibility, one tweet at a time: Read how

Rahul Kanwal and Rajdeep's sly, targeted tweets against Republic TV are only helping to take their own credibilities further down, and exposing their own hypocrisy.

Chief of Chief Minister’s Medical Assistance Cell in Maharashtra breaks down while describing the coronavirus situation in the state

In the video, the chief of medical assistant cell in Maharashtra says that he has lost all hopes and that court is the only ray of hope now

Ranveer Singh asks Narcotics Bureau to allow him to accompany Deepika Padukone during interrogation due to her ‘anxiety issues’

Bollywood actor Ranveer Singh, the husband of Deepika Padukone, has asked NCB whether he can be present during his wife’s interrogation

Fact Check: No, Sunil Gavaskar didn’t make sexist comment against Virat Kohli’s wife Anushka Sharma during an IPL game

Sunil Gavaskar was referring to a video of Virat Kohli & Anushka Sharma playing cricket,, didn't make any sexist comment

Parliament sees its most productive session: Here is a summary of all the 25 Bills passed by the Modi government in Lok Sabha

A total of 25 bills were passed during the just concluded monsoon session of the parliament some of which are very significant bills

Marathi ‘Asmita’ and Shiv Sena

If Shiv Sena chief Uddhav Thackeray had made one big compromise to grab the power, to continue in power he is making a series of them

Panipat triple murder: Noor Hasan planned to kill wife, her sister and mother, had raped the bodies

The accused had killed his wife and her sister with a sharp weapon and had burnt their faces with diesel before dumping the bodies in separate locations.

Tales from the Baburnama: Babur’s homosexuality and ‘love’ for a young child

Often idolised by the extremist section of Islamic society, Babur is assumed to be an ideal Muslim who followed all the modern day practises of Islam.

“Free Baba Jan,” Pakistanis demand release of activist illegally held behind bars for 6 years in occupied Gilgit-Baltistan

Gilgit-Baltistan based activist Baba Jan has been kept in jail by Pakistan on false of terrorism and murder, netizens demand his release

ISI-backed Khalistanis had supported Delhi anti-Hindu riots, promised to fight against India, reveals accused Athar Khan

Khan said in his statement that the Khalistanis had claimed that they have the ISI's support to join the fight against the government of India.

Nashe main kaun nahi hai, mujhe batao zara? Sanjay Raut pulls an Amitabh Bachchan in an attempt to shield Bollywood: Read what he said

With this statement of Sanjay Raut, one recalls a character played by Bollywood star Amitabh Bachchan in the 1984-movie "Sharaabi'

Chinese government systematically destroyed 16000 mosques in Xinjiang since 2017, finds Australian study using satellite imagery

Australian Strategic Policy Institute (ASPI) found that roughly 16000 mosques were destroyed or altered to remove Islamic symbols in Xinjiang

‘COVID bail’ extension provisions granted by HC being misused: Court rejects bail pleas of Ratan Lal murder accused

Head Constable Ratan Lal was lynched to death by a violent Islamist mob on February 24 during the Delhi Riots.

Jailed SP leader Azam Khan’s son Abdullah Azam to be barred from contesting elections for submitting forged birth certificate in 2017 elections

Abdullah Azam is currently logded in Sitapur jail along with his father Azam Khand and mother Tazima Fathima in a case of fraud.

France: Four injured in knife attack near former offices of Charlie Hebdo, suspicious package detected

Four people have been injured in a knife attack near the former offices of the French satirical magazine Charlie Hebdo.

Connect with us

244,181FansLike
455,633FollowersFollow
16,900SubscribersSubscribe