No hundreds in 9 World Cup games and now he is back to the scoring hundreds again. Virat Kohli has been in great touch in World Cup, scoring five fifties but was unable to convert them into hundreds. But today he has scored his 42nd ODI Hundred, just seven behind Tendulkar’s record of 49. He is also set to break many more records in the ongoing series.
Virat Kohli, the Indian captain, scored his 67th International hundred, considered to be the best Limited Over International batsman by many. Here are some of the records Virat made while batting against West Indies.
- Virat Kohli’s 120 is now the highest ODI innings by any captain in the Caribbeans, beating Brian Lara’s 116 against Sri Lanka at Bridgetown in 2003.
- Virat Kohli has now 11,406 runs in ODIs, among Indian batsman, he is only behind Tendulkar who has scored 18426 runs, he surpassed Ganguly (11,363) during the innings.
- Virat Kohli has now scored 8 ODI hundreds against West Indies, the most by any batsman against West Indies in ODIs. The record for most ODI hundreds against a nation is held by Sachin Tendulkar, who scored 9 ODI hundreds against Australia. He also becomes the first batsman to score 8 or more ODI hundreds against three nations.
- Virat Kohli has now 19,904 International runs in this decade (2010-2019). He needs 96 runs to become the first player to score 20,000 International runs in a single decade. He has also scored 66 International hundreds in the decade.
- As a captain, Virat Kohli has scored 6th ODI hundred against West Indies. He surpasses Ricky Ponting’s record of most ODI hundreds against a nation as a captain (5).
- Virat Kohli took 34 innings to score 2,000 ODI runs against West Indies, and he is the fastest to score 2,000 ODI runs against a team. Previous best – Rohit Sharma against Australia in 37 innings.
- Virat Kohli surpassed Javed Miandad’s record of most runs against West Indies in ODIs. Miandad has scored 1,930 ODI runs against the Caribbeans.
- Kohli has now scored the 20th ODI century as a captain, second-most after Ricky Ponting as he scored 22 as captain. Kohli scored 19 ODI hundreds under MS Dhoni which is a record of scoring most ODI hundreds under any captain.