HomePoliticsOnce we return to power, all cases against Azam Khan will be withdrawn: Samajwadi...

Once we return to power, all cases against Azam Khan will be withdrawn: Samajwadi Party chief Akhilesh Yadav

Reacting to Akhilesh’s remarks, BJP spokesperson Rakesh Tripathi said he should stand with the poor farmers whose land was snatched by Azam Khan.

Coming to the rescue of Azam Khan who is an accused in several cases, Samajwadi Party president Akhilesh Yadav on Saturday said that all cases against Rampur MP Khan would be dropped if his party was voted back to power, reports Indian Express.

Addressing a press conference in Rampur after visiting Azam Khan’s residence, Akhilesh Yadav assured the party’s full support to Khan, who is facing several police cases including those related to alleged land-grabbing.

“I will meet the Governor of Uttar Pradesh, Anandiben Patel, regarding false cases against the MP. I will inform her about the harassment being faced by Azam Khan. I am taking back copies of all FIRs against Azam with me to Lucknow. We have full faith in the courts and we will get justice. Similarly, several cases had been lodged against Mulayam Singhji. Then, the courts had helped us,” said Akhilesh, who was accompanied by Azam’s son, MLA Abdullah Khan, at the press conference.

Addressing reporters in Rampur, Akhilesh said, “Once the Samajwadi Party is voted back to power in Uttar Pradesh, all the cases lodged against senior SP leader and Rampur MP Azam Khan will be withdrawn.”

He added that as long as the administration continues to do “injustice”, more people would lose faith in the government. He added that people are losing faith in the government and administration. “You should see the list of cases against Azam. There are all types of fake cases against him… His family members are being taken to the police station to humiliate them,” said Akhilesh.

Claiming that the BJP government was indulging in vendetta politics, Azamgarh MP Akhilesh Yadav said that this was being done to divert the attention of the people from the real issues.

Several cases have been booked against Rampur MP Azam Khan. Just three days back, Rampur Police in Uttar Pradesh had booked Azam Khan on allegations of ‘stealing goats’ following the complaint which was filed on October 2016.

It was first land-grabbing, then lion statues, followed by books and valuable manuscripts. He has also been booked for ‘stealing buffaloes’. Recently, the Rampur MP was also booked for electricity theft. The power supply to Azam Khan’s resort ‘Humsafar’ in Uttar Pradesh was cut after raids were conducted in the resort by the Uttar Pradesh electricity department.

Reacting to Akhilesh’s remarks, BJP spokesperson Rakesh Tripathi said he should stand with the poor farmers whose land was snatched by Khan.

“During the tenure of the SP government, Khan usurped the land of farmers and also exploited the people of Rampur. Today, those people are filing cases against Azam for all the exploitative measures. Akhilesh Yadav should instead stand with the poor people,” said Tripathi.

Join OpIndia's official WhatsApp channel

  Support Us  

For likes of 'The Wire' who consider 'nationalism' a bad word, there is never paucity of funds. They have a well-oiled international ecosystem that keeps their business running. We need your support to fight them. Please contribute whatever you can afford

OpIndia Staff
OpIndia Staffhttps://www.opindia.com
Staff reporter at OpIndia

Related Articles

Trending now

PCOS will now be known as PMOS: How the landmark consensus could help 44 million affected women in India and 170 million around the...

An expert stated, "The shift will demand that it is taken as seriously as the long-term, complex health condition it is."

New York Times uses November 2024 investment offer to claim Adani ‘bribed’ US to drop fraud case: Read how Rahul Gandhi and others are...

On 14th May, The New York Times published an article headlined, “U.S. Set to Drop Charges Against Indian Billionaire Accused of Fraud”, wherein it claimed that the decision by the US authorities to drop charges against Gautam Adani came after “a meeting in which a lawyer for the billionaire, Gautam Adani, made an unusual offer, according to people familiar with the matter.”
- Advertisement -