Aamir Khan’s garbage film Dangal released this week and left us totally disappointed. We had so much expectation from Aamir that he will bash Hindutva and Modi in the film but on the contrary, it was a jingoistic film promoting nationalism.
We also hear that Right Wingers are flocking to the multiplexes to watch the film and that should be enough for us to boycott this propaganda to avoid sharing space with subhuman Sanghis, but that is not all.
Here are five reasons why we think every liberal must boycott the film:
1. Right from the start of the film, Aamir Khan talks about winning an international medal for the country. In this age of jingoism and rising hyper-nationalism, is it right to push this agenda of doing something for the country? Why couldn’t Aamir talk about doing something for humanity instead of doing something for India? We successfully stopped India from winning the Cricket world cup last year, but this year we were let down by Aamir.
2. Aamir Khan feeds his daughters chicken for Protein. This is anti-secularism. If Aamir was really secular, he would have been cooking beef for his daughters. As people might recall, we have reiterated multiple times that only beef has the necessary protein, plus beef is secularism on a plate.
3. While we are protesting National Anthem before the start of a film, Aamir inserted another national anthem towards the end of the film! Everyone stood up in the cinema twice while we sat there looking like idiots. If that wasn’t enough, the film even had chant of ‘BHARAT MATA KI JAI’, and the chant wasn’t even sarcastic. The movie leaves you with such a bad taste that you want to eat beef.
4. Aamir Khan’s daughter is named ‘Geeta’ in the film. Is Aamir spreading soft-Hindutva through the film? Why didn’t he name his daughter Salma or Susan? He has 4 daughters in the film, if he wanted, he could have covered all religions but he gave all of them Hindu names. But then, we live under Hindutva fascist government. The space for diversity is shrinking and Dangal is a proof of that.
5. The film ends with Commonwealth Games as the backdrop but not even once do they mention the great work of Suresh Kalmadi and Sheila Dixit in hosting the event. Were the producers threatened by the Hindutva fascists in charge now to avoid praising secular leaders of yesteryears or the producers ignored them on their own? Either way, we are disappointed.
(this article is satire)