Following the Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal’s order to call off all religious, family, social, political or cultural gathering in the wake of threat due to Coronavirus in the national capital, the Delhi police have reached the protest site.
According to reports, the police along with Resident Welfare Association members Tuesday afternoon spoke to the protesters and requested them to call off their protest. The protestors have, however, not considered paying heed to the repeated requests to vacate the place. In the wake of the Novel Coronavirus outbreak, the Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal on Monday invoked the Epidemic Diseases Act of 1897 and declared a new set of bans to limit the spread of the highly contagious disease.
In the press release, the AAP supremo announced a complete ban on social, religious and political gatherings of more than 50 people in the national capital. The ban, effective immediately, will also be applicable on Shaheen Bagh ‘protest’ site where Muslim women have been sitting on a ‘protest’ against the amended Citizenship Law for the past three months now.
However, the Muslim women sitting there, carrying on the feigned peaceful protest have said blatantly that the protest will go on undeterred and that they will not comply with the Delhi government’s orders. They have apparently been praying and reading the Quran at the protest site, believing that praying to Allah would safeguard them from the coronavirus crisis.
Besides, wooden benches have been laid down at the protest site and instructions have been given that not more than two protestors will sit on one bench. As a precaution, the elders have put on masks and children have been kept away from the protest site, but they somehow are not willing to end the overplayed protest.
These unsympathetic and hard-hearted ‘protestors’ seem to have zero respect for public safety and human life. These selfish ‘protestors’ said they would sit in for protests in groups of 45 people to circumvent the Delhi government order prohibiting gathering of 50 or more people. This just goes out to show that they do not care for public health and safety either.
The national capital has reported seven confirmed coronavirus cases so far. India had reported its second casualty due to coronavirus, with the health ministry confirming on March 14 that a 68-year-old woman died in Delhi. India has 126 confirmed cases of COVID-19 coronavirus as on March 17, 2020, at 11.52 AM and three people have as of now died with the infection.